So I really didn't feel like going to work any day this week. This is a very new feeling for me at least to feel this way both so consistently and so frequently. It has been such a striking change that it has been alarming to me. It has forced me to question: Am I losing it? Am I fooling myself into thinking that I have some good years in me yet but I'm really already toast? Is it like I've convinced myself that I can run a marathon when in actuality my muscles can't or won't make it any further than 14 miles and I will collapse in agony? What is happening?
I would have to say that in the last two years I have felt like I just wanted to stay home instead of going to work ( when I wasn't feeling sick or under the weather) no more than 5 times total. I have felt that way every day this week. But today was a turning point... I HOPE!I attribute at least some of it to the following; the top two being the most critical I think :
* My kids are starting to like me.
* I am starting to like my kids.
* I have been brave and have called many, many parents about very naughty kids which has exhausted me with anger and trouble but has paid off....they are either behaving or are on their way to an alternative setting.
* I saw Dan today after school... rushed home..I really miss seeing him after school.
* Tomorrow is Friday and Caribou Coffee day.
* My student teacher is going to be ok even though his Dad died unexpectedly Sunday night from complications from a heart attack two weeks ago today. The funeral is Saturday:(
* I am ( almost) prepared for conferences next week.
* Dan shot a really nice buck on our property yesterday morning..the 3rd heaviest deer he's ever shot. num num venison.
* I like "falling back" for Fall's day light's savings time because it is light yet right now and it has felt a bit like I had extra time to get ready in the morning.
Now. Let's hope this is at the very, very least a trend in the right direction!
Flash!
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.
About Me
- Mary
- I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.

No comments:
Post a Comment