Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas to all (2) of my readers!!!

I am the first one up and I can hear the trees cracking and popping from the cold. Brrrrrrrrr. The Haradens are here. Santa came early to their house in Seattle .... quite an understand guy that Santa Clause!!!

I have few worries these days. My biggest now is that the slippers I got for Connor will be too small... he's growing so fast!!!

Oh. Well worrying about Danielle has been a life long endeavor ... the fact that she and Zack were repelling down waterfalls in Ecuador yesterday and have readily admitted that some of the South American treks they have taken on have been crazy dangerous just ratchets the worry up a little bit. Skype is the best thing ever for reducing concern for them. They will be back in time for Danielle's 30th birthday, February 28th.

Hey all.... I am on a leave of absence pending board approval. Having it approved is a formality... the paper work through HR is completed. I gave my permission to post my position for a long call sub.

My personal responsibility professionally has now officially taken a back seat to my personal responsibility to me. ... to take care of myself and get some semblance of both physical and mental health restored.

There is no timeline on that and the leave gives me a cushion of transition for which I am forever grateful. Someday YOU might need a leave for whatever reason and each case is different ( so don't ask me for specifics... it is very case specific) and so know that it's there... but I'd suggest taking care of yourself better than I did so that you can avoid it. Although I did my best and have no regrets thankfully...

It will be baby steps forward and maybe some will be backward but I'll find my way back to me eventually. It's been awhile!!

I may be back to teaching and I may not ( more likely not) but for now teaching is not a part of my life. Thought you should know and go ahead and spread the word... Housman-Meyer is on a leave.... not retired!!!!


 Yo & Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas!!!

Mary :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Mary! Hope all is well with you and your family. Been Thinking about you lately. Jenny

Holly said...

Hey Mary! I'm glad for you that you'll be having this time to work on whatever you need to.....take care of yourself.

Holly

Photobucket

Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.

About Me

My photo
I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.