
Dan Brown has been on the talk show circuit with this book but if you look at the reviews on Amazon, it only gets a 2.5 of 5 points with over one thousand readers & their opinion of the read. So why all the hype?
I just ordered a used copy of Deception Point for .01 cents (yea Amazon!) based on :
1) It's rating (4.5 stars of 770 readers).
2) It sounds "sciency" & I saw Bill Clinton's name in the editor review.
I'm guessing that I will like DP because I am a science teacher and so will enjoy the subject matter. I am also predicting (but will never have it confirmed) that of the 770 readers who rated DP, many were similar to me in being attracted to it more for the science than the mystery intrigue that so captured my imagination while reading Angels and Demons.
If you have never read The Eight by Katherine Neville? It was written in 1988 and one of the reviewers of it started out by saying:
Before Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code, There Was The Eight.
What I remember most about that book? I LOVED it & on a trip to visit my Dad in NC brought it with me to give to him to read. He stuck his nose up in the air and said,"Fiction? I don't read fiction". Besides being hurt (yeah. He was always juuuuuuuuuuuuuust a little better than everyone else) , I remember thinking " Well Whoop-de-do-da-Day!!!!!! "
I think I will now purchase a copy of The Eight... cause I Do LIKE FICTION!
Guy is dead, Mary. Get over it.


No comments:
Post a Comment