We brought Jamie home. It was very sunny and very cold ( -2 ˚ at 9 am and 10˚ by 1 pm) on February 2nd, 1978 but warming up. The sun was brilliantly bright that day. The sun seemed so bright after being in that hospital that I had to really squint my eyes. I could HARDLY WAIT to get home. The fresh air felt so good, even if it was cold!
We put Jamie in her car seat that was secured between us in a 1977 Toyota pickup. The small type. Red. I'll have to ask Dan the specifics on the truck. But boy was I glad to get out of the hospital.
At that time you couldn't have your baby with you in the room when visitors came. Babies were kept in the nursery & if people wanted to see your baby, they would go to a big window, hold up a card with the name of your baby ( blue for a boy, pink for a girl) and a nurse would wheel your baby close to the window for all to see.
They had very specific visiting hours too. My Mom drove from Eden Valley after school and had to wait for an hour or so before she could come up. She called the room several times and I can only imagine how many cigarettes she smoked before being allowed up!
Later on Dan's Dad & his mother ( remember, Dan's own Mom died at 34 yrs. old..cancer) , THE Grandma Meyer came to see us. I remeber it like it was yesterday. I was in a waiting room at the end of a long hallway & Grandma Meyer, a robust woman with a German accent picked up the pace of her steps & gave me the biggest bear hug I think I've ever had. Jamie was her first Great Grandchild & she was born on Grand ma's own Birthday!!!
I never saw Grandma display affection before that nor after that. And, coincidently, she had one more great grand daughter born on her birthday! Lucky lady.
Flash.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(113)
-
▼
February
(12)
- Honor's class funny answers.
- Live streaming democracy in ACTION!
- Please join me in supporting Support Heroes in Wis...
- Today's & random picts.
- Spread the word on facebook. This is some scary shit.
- I wonder where all...the..laun..dry..baskets
- Mustache Yo.
- Is there any wonder...
- Bloggers..I need your fashion help.
- What is a Curmudgeon anyway?
- Feeling Like this:
- On The Third Day
-
▼
February
(12)
About Me
- Mary
- I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.

No comments:
Post a Comment