Thursday, June 30, 2011

Nine Day Summer Adventure 2011



So Day 1) Picked up rental car at 2:30 pm. to drive to Rochester to visit the Haradens.

Day 2) Left in the morning for Adair, IA to Mom's. There was construction in Des Moines and a girl no older than 14 (that's what she looked like anyway) merged into the passenger side of "our" car. The state trooper was cute anyway...on to Mom & Bill's. Stayed overnight.

Day 3) Visited with Mom & Bill. BIll unfortunately but predictably will need to go to a nursing home by Fall. Mom & Bill's son, Shane, are starting arrangements.

Day 4) Left Adair at the wee hours of the am. and got to Denver by 4 pm. We ate something good..not sure what but everything we ate there was good.Buster thought so too. He ate Danielle's cat, Chello's, puke.Niiiiiiice:( Stayed overnight.

Day 5) Danielle took the day off work but we went there to meet some coworkers and she showed us around. Then we went to Red Rock Ampitheater. Home. Ate supper. Chicken. Danielle made a delicious salad.

< from here on I forgot the camera ... I need to get a pocket-sized camera >

Day 6) Zach, Danielle & I went to the ARC... a thrift store... we bought things. I know ..I am so descriptive. I stayed at the 1157 Adams and made a couple of salads for super, laid around and snooped through all of Danielle's stuff while everyone else went hiking in Evergreen. I washed a pair of underpants and dried them over a fan. Dan fried fish.*** Danielle I did not snoop :) But I did use your fan to dry my underpants sorrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy***

Day 7) 1)We walked to the Arboretum. 2) Ate the best ribs I've ever had & that is without a beer first.... Zach made them. num num 3)We walked to Jazz In The Park in the early evening...a salsa band was playing. Very cool. I really enjoyed that time alone by the band/dancers with you Danielle. 3) Back to 1157 Adams then walked to get a cone of homemade toffee nut ice cream just before the shop closed at 9 pm.

Day 8) We got up at 5:00 am to leave for Adair. Arrived there at 5 pm. Bill was having a "good" day so visiting was more meaningful:) Mom looked tired though:( Ate supper. Dan went to Casey's to get each of us a Casey ice cream bar. Ever have one? They are great! Stayed overnight.

Day 9) Got up at 5:30 drove home, cleaned the car & returned it. I got lost. Seriously. I forgot where the rental place was in St. Cloud. But then I remembered. Dan & I laughed and laughed and laughed about that.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I see that I remember occasions according to the food that I eat. I choose to view this in a positive fashion. I can always learn about & eat food that is more healthy in nature.For example.... today I shall make a salad from lettuce, spinach & broccoli from the garden. Tada!

Photobucket

Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.

About Me

My photo
I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.