Did I give you this link? If I did, I don't mind re posting.
Last Sunday Jamie, Danielle and I skyped all at once. Seattle-----------> MN -----------> S. America.
Cool. Danielle and Zach are in a very weird zone. I mean like zone in their heads. Their lives are moving very slowly. It took them 7.5 hours to travel 50 miles total to there destination on what is called a "chicken" bus. And when she told me this there was not one comment of dissatisfaction. I kept waiting for it. And waiting ( I am patient.... she can't blame the following on me) . Danielle was the most impatient baby I had. I had to stop breast feeding this child because she would scream before my milk would let down, I would get uptight, the milk took longer then and she just turned red in the face screaming screaming screaming. Danielle did a LOT of screaming ( at me) like .... until she was 22yrs. old. She is THE most IMPATIENT person I have EVER known!!!!
SERIOUSLY??? It took you 7.5 hours to go 50 miles????? I think I would have screamed at everyone!!! Things are slow in Nicaragua I guess....
These buses are old American school buses. They break down frequently. They are collectively called "chicken" buses because people carry any and everything in the bus and on top of the bus including chickens.
The bus stops to pick up people on their way to work . There is a man who rides on TOP of the bus to whom the people on their way to work throw their satchels, packages, tools, etc. And as the people get off the bus to go to work, they yell at the man on top to throw their posessions down to them. The man always gets the right item... never makes a mistake.
The bus is as full as three to a seat with people standing in the aisles. This sounds crazy to me.
But go to the link. There is a pay out. They are living a dream. I sure wish I had done some of these things when I was young enough and physically fit enough to look a volcano in the eye!!!
Equador is next. I swear, my spelling is getting worse. The crazy thing about traveling to Ecuador ( got it) ? It will be cheaper for them to fly to Miami, stay overnight , and then fly to Ecuador from there. So things are slow and don't make sense. The only thing that comes to mind that is similar is the Alzheimer's unit my step dad is in. But yet they are at the opposite end of life as Bill.
Ok. I'm done. Life is strange.
Mary :)
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.
About Me
- Mary
- I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.

No comments:
Post a Comment