Thursday, April 30, 2009

Whatever

I am a little nervous about a different schedule next year. I am also somewhat excited to be able to work more closely with the people in my own department. I have never , ever taught in a school WITHOUT teaming!!

When I started at South in 1996, all of my male department members were desperately trying to hang on to their identity as a science department. And I mean desperately. And I should use the word deliberate as well. They were deliberate in their actions to maintain an identity as a SCIENCE department. Whatever. I played along ( Anderson scared the shit out of me, Al Ford spooked me out & I could never get over staring at Babitzke's perpetually twitching eye lid) and wondered what all the hoopla was over teams and specifically over "interdisciplinary teams". Now there's a word that I haven't heard in awhile. Interdisciplinary teams. Again. Whatever.

In a small catholic school, Sts. Peter & Paul, from 1981- 1987 I worked on an interdisciplinary team. The school was so small that there WAS only one 7th grade team of about 125 kids and only one 8th grade class of 125 kids, so of course we were organized into teams. Duh.

Whatever. I just wish my "what evers " weren't hiding the fact that I am unsettled about the changes we will experience together as a staff at South. Again.

Whatever.

Mary

No comments:

Photobucket

Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.

About Me

My photo
I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.