Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hello and Good Evening.

Broadcasting live from the backyard:

It is a beautiful night unfolding here in central Minnesota in the center of the Meyer Yard folks. Reporting to you this fine night is Mary, the 5th avenue tree house kid who just can't shake the tree from the kid.

And what a glorious bunch of trees it is. I'm camped under a wide expanse of canopy made up of oaks, ash & even a white birch. And a beautiful white birch it is. Home to the singing cicada's , wrens & an occasional visiting chipping sparrow looking for a delicious catkin to snatch on the fly. Even the crickets are chirping... a sign of mid-August to be sure.

If it weren't for the fact that I can see the TV from my vantage point & have a computer on my lap, a person would swear I was somewhere on the Appalacian Trail. But seeing as how that likely isn't going to happen anytime soon, I have to say this is the next best thing.

So happy trails to you & signing off from mid-yard,

Mary the fifth avenue tree house kid hoping her ass won't give out before mornin'

Oh! And keep the light on for me! Thanks!!!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I am imagining that I am sitting there with you. I miss having trees. I grew up in "Royal Oaks" and now I have none. I can't wait until Josh and I buy some land! Thanks for the glimpse of wilderness.

Photobucket

Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.