Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Whispering Pines didn't work out.

We stopped & I knocked on the office door at 7pm. No answer. Neither Dan nor I said anything to one another about the 4 bags of garbage sitting just a yard from our feet. I cupped my hands around my eyes & leaned against the dirty glass to look inside. I saw 6 empty beer bottles on the desk & a bunch of "I love Jesus "- type propaganda tacked on some cork board that was just praying to be organized.

Still undeterred, I mean I DID make a reservation, I peaked around the corner & noticed that the office window was open but that the screen had a huge hole in it. I wondered if this was the motel's method of AC?? One more knock & no answer and Dan, still standing behind me with his hands in his pockets said, "Maybe we should go to Bemidgi, maybe we'll find some place on the way."

Now THAT was a great idea!!!


We got the LAST room at Super 8 in Bemidgi (handicapped rooms have great bathrooms BTW) & a good laugh for great memories too.

Ironworld was wonderful. Itaska State Park perfect.

Now all I have to do is pitch & sleep in the tent and my summer wishes for 2009 will have all come true.

2 comments:

Marohl's said...

I told you to be careful. Glad you found a place to stay.

Kat said...

Hope you had a fun adventure.

Photobucket

Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.