Last time I talked to her she said, " e mail me once in awhile" so I just did.
Hi Mom.
Can't sleep. I've had short(er) nights of sleep lately. Conferences two nights, Thnaksgiving with company & tonight was the second day of after school science club with 28 boys and 3 girls. WOW!!!! I know why God didn't give me boys!!
Nah. They are really great kids just a lot of energy!!!! But i do not understand the whole "I'll spend 2.5 hours building a really cool robotic car and then see how many times I can crash it , throw my shoe at it, body slam it /or send it down the stairs until juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust before it self destructs "! Come to think of it maybe the reason I LIKE doing science club is because it reminds me of my whole life!!! Hmmmm.
Gotta tell you about Connor & his "guys". He has a little Superman zipper suitcase that he carries small (4-5") action figures of superman, batman, spiderman, ironman and black canary in . When he's in the mood, & he decides he is going to play "guys", He'll zip & unzip the suitcase a few times, stare into the suitcase ( lying on his tummy on the floor) admire each one and then decide who is going to be the "bad guy" and then the others work together to save the day. He has all sorts of communication (the kid's vocabulary & imagination is something) going on.
Normally he asks Ryan to play " guys " and sometimes Ryan takes intense part in the action and plotting & sometimes he just holds up one of the action figures (while reading a book) and Connor just makes everything up himself & interacts with it.
Well, one time Connor asked me to play "guys" while I was sitting on the couch. I chose batman (he has a cool black cape) & flew befhind Ryan who was sitting on the floor in front of me and I quite seriously said to Connor and his guy , "Why hello Spiderman! I was just in the neighborhood and thought I'd drop by to see you!" at which point Ryan looks up from his book, looks at Connor and says "Grandma doesn't know how to play "guys" very well does she"? Connor paused, got back in the moment of reality, looked at his Dad and laughed hysterically. We all had a good laugh out of that one. Based on my science club experiences & my "guy" playing skills, I gather I have lost some of my tomboy IQ. Sad.... but it was such a good run!!! :)
Workshop day tomorrow. A break from kids... but going well.
I love you,
Mary
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.
About Me
- Mary
- I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.

1 comment:
At least you were attempting to play "guys" with him...that's all that counts.
Post a Comment