Saturday, March 6, 2010

LDS

I think he LIKES it!!!!! WOOT!!!!



LoDownSinner
RiderCoach


Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 19,597
Images: 2

Holy Mother of Pearl!!!!
Wow!!!!!

The banjo arrived yesterday, with just enough time for me to start stringing it before leaving for class.

All I have to say at this point is what a gorgeous instrument! This has got to be one of the most beautiful instruments I've ever had the privilege of attempting to play.

When we got home last night I tuned her up and am so impressed by the tone and playability. I always say that "different guitars have different songs in them." Well, after plinking on George's banjo for a month or so, I was able to kind of stumble my way though Cripple Creek on a good day. This instrument? The song just flowed out of her, and then she prompted for more. I sat around strumming and picking for a few minutes and all kind of songs jumped out; a cool 12-bar blues was begging to be unleashed (something I'd never attempted on a banjo before) and actually sounded great even with my inept attempts at alternating rolls, and The Ballad of Jed Clampett forced it's way out through my fingers in a rudimentary way - something I've always wanted to play, but never tried.

She's even inspiring me to try some Bela Fleck tunes. The girl's multi-lingual, seems like she speaks all genres of music from blugrass to jazz.

In short - what a wonderful instrument!!!

Oh yeah, she has a name - MaryJo!!!!

No comments:

Photobucket

Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.

About Me

My photo
I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.