Friday, July 30, 2010

What drove me the most nuts

when Connor & Grace were here ( I just realized this) was the background noise from the TV. Beauty And The Beast - Jamie herself watched this movie repeatedly into her teens- Snow Babies ( think that's right...dogs were in it I think), & Happy Feet were all watched in the 3 days here. Half the time no one was watching them but they were on. Annoying.

Jamie & Ryan are going to Hawaii mid- August for 10-12 days. They will be gone over the weekend of the 14th. Ryan's folks are going to stay at their house during the week days & Dan & I ( and hopefully Jessica) are spending the weekend. The kids will go to daycare during the week.

Plans aren't firmed up yet..I mean the trip & tickets and everything are, but our stay &/or length thereof isn't. I've heard through the grapevine that George ( Ryan's Dad) has a shoulder that is bothering him.

So my post was about how things will go & everything but I have something else weird to tell you.

George is a retired Industrial Tech teacher but he has been teaching at Messabi East HS & a community college of some sort. Something TERRIBLE happened in a shop where he was working in April. The welding teacher stepped out for a bit & asked George to watch his class & while he was gone a kid's shirt caught on fire while welding.

The 17 year old kid got burned pretty badly & died in the hospital, not from the burns but from undiagnosed Addison's disease. But what is REALLY weird & coincidental is that JESSICA'S roommate, who works in the county morgue for the county this accident happened in , told Jess about this case in May waaaaaaaaaay before Jamie mentioned it to her last weekend. Jessica's roommate assisted in the autopsy ( she is in Med school in Duluth). She told Jessica that her boss, the M.E. told Josie ( roommate) before they even started the autopsy that he knew it was an Addison's case just by the color of the dead kid's skin (orangish).

Poor George. If I were him I'd be sweating bullets in worry. Apparently the Mom worked at the school & was called to the scene before the ambulance came. Bet the hospital is worried too. The kid wouldn't have died from the burns , although serious enough to have needed grafts taken from his thighs to cover his chest. Josie said that his adrenal glands were virtually non-existent... the Addisons. The hospital never caught it.

On that strange and rambling tangent I shall leave Snoidsville. Poor George. My shoulder would be bothering me too if something this horrendous happened in my classroom. I will give him a big hug when I see him:)

Flash.

If you google "mesabi east welding accident" you can read about it.

No comments:

Photobucket

Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.