Friday, December 31, 2010

Year in Review

Friday, December 31, 2010
Year in Review
*Stolen from Holly, because I can't admit I stole it from Andrea*

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I taught summer school .

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't generally make new year's resolutions but I resolve to get in good enough shape to do some hiking around Phoenix in March.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No. But I can't wait for Cheng to have her bobo:)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not anyone who I would consider " close ". Not within 500 miles anyway.

5. What countries did you visit?
The United States of America. And Franklin & David's.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Less stress.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 15th. Jessica graduated from UMD WOOT!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I remained relatively balanced & centered even though I had so many things going on in my life that were out of my circle of control. ( ok. barf) out of my control.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not voting in the primaries. I'm afraid many of us failed to do this and as a result Dayton is our governor. Live & learn I guess.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Other than a cold during the summer, no. Thank God.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well, I'm hoping the Garmin GPS 255W due to arrive any day is.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jessica's behavior always merits celebration. She's fit, she's happy, she's resilient, she's..... waiting :)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Sarah Palin's behavior made me appalled.

14. Where did most of your money go?
I don't know. But I stopped buying scarves at Dan's request.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I got excited whenever I went on a group motorcycle ride.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Something by Michael Jackson I suppose.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? About the same.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I really wish that I would have taken more advantage of the social opportunities my WOW ( Women on Wheels) group offered. Something for both Dan & I.. it is open to spouses too. A place to start anyway.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sit on my butt.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Here at home with all the fam. Meyer Christmas is tomorrow.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes. I fell in love with Buster in a much more profound way now that he helped me get through an unusual year.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Well, I just discovered The It Crowd and it made me laugh multiple times in 10 minutes... a good sign for 2011.


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. Hate is too energy-consuming. I feel disdain for some people, but I don't give anyone the satisfaction of being hated; that would mean I care.ooooooooooooooooooo GOOD ANSWER HOLLY! I'll go with that!

24. What was the best book you read?
Cripe. I read ONE book & it was this week. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly. I need to return it to the media center at South.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Schnaser got me into Mozart.

26. What did you want and get?
A brand new pair of Teva sandals and tickets to Phoenix.

27. What did you want and not get?
I'm supposed to get a new set of tires but they haven't appeared yet.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I only went to one movie... no two. Eat, Pray, Love & Due Date. I liked Due Date better.


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 54 and I taught day #2 ( I think) of the 2010 school year. Dan always gets me flowers for my B Day :)

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Jessica getting accepted into PT school but I realize that things happen for a reason.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
My fashion concept encompasses two strategies #1) Stay cool #2) Add color

32. What kept you sane?
Lori Flint my Massage therapist & drugs.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy? Hmmm. I guess Michelle Obama.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Education "reform" in stirred me in a negative way I suppose because it impacts every decision made in my professional life.


35. Who did you miss?
My sister. My Grandma Puckett. Dan's Grandma Loehrer. My Mom. Danielle.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met some pretty cool ladies at my WOW group. I held the most meaningful conversation with one who teaches at the Vo Tech now but retired from teaching in the prison. I liked her hat.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
I learned that there are valuable life's lessons from here to eternity. I guess I learned that the older I get, the wiser I feel, but the more tempting it is to dismiss other's feelings and that that is wrong & something I want to watch out for in the future.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Have you ever wandered lonely through the woods?
And everything there feels just as it should
You're part of the life there
You're part of something good
If you've ever wandered lonely through the woods



Brandi Carlile

1 comment:

Holly said...

That was fun to read....thanks for sharing!

Photobucket

Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.

About Me

My photo
I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.