Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chew your food:(

Everything is ok but poor Gracie pooh spent the night in the hospital last night with Jamie at her side. Grace choked on a piece of turkey last night at super. The story according to Jamie:

Grace started choking.

The heimlick didn't work. Grace wasn't turning blue, but she was "wheezing".

They called 911.

The ambulance and a firetruck were there within minutes.

Connor was hysterical. Jamie was hysterical. Their neighbor, an ER doc. came over to their house when he saw the commotion.

The paramedics put Grace on her side. The ER doc. called the hospital so a pediatric surgeon was waiting.

Jamie rode in the ambulance with Grace... Grace was calm but having trouble breathing.

The ER doc drove Ryan & Connor to the hospital.

The surgeon at the hospital wanted to do surgery. Jamie requested that they wait just a bit to see if they could could encourage Grace to dislodge it herself.

She did.

Grace immediately was back to her old self charming the staff.

They took an X ray and told Grace to "smile". :) Grace got many , many stickers.

As a precaution they hooked Grace up to monitors to observe her breathing overnight. Grace was not happy about that. But they got through it.

I'm guessing they are home by now. The discharge doc was in the room when I hung up with Jamie.

My comment ( Danielle..hush) ...... Dear Jamie & Ryan, why do you let that kid stuff food into her mouth to it's capacity with her dainty little hands & then allow her to ask for more? But I didn't say that...

Grace is tiny and eats like a horse. Connor is a solid muscled "horse" and eats like bird ( although in reality birds eat a LOT). Go figure.

I can't wait until Easter. I want to see the Haradens :)

3 comments:

Kat said...

Oh, how scary! That is one of my fears...kids choking. I am glad that everything worked out as it did.

Sorry I missed the last post. My life is typically organized chaos so I tend to know exactly where stuff is, I just need a minute to find it.

I'll miss you too. Definitely miss the adults...not so much on the kids. :)

TelegaWoman said...

SO, so scary. I realized last night as Ben was stuffing his face that I should probably brush up on my Heimlich skillz and also make sure I have poison control saved in my phone.

Elsie Adams said...

WHAT?! OMG!

Photobucket

Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.

About Me

My photo
I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.