Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Year.

Has been a mixed bag of ups and downs but the things that I am the most proud of are:

1) I got to the PLANT UNIT!!! Often times that one just seems to slip away. The kids LOVE to play in the dirt & I really do think plants get a bad rap.

2) My honors class went quite well I think. There were some troubles....lots of peer pressure to achieve & also popularity stuff I normally don't have to deal with. As far as my planning for "higher achievers" goes though, I worked hard, challenged them & I am proud of that. I enjoyed teaching it.

3) I got pooped but not drained mentally. Much of that I attribute to Dan so I guess I should say that I am proud of "us" there.

4) Even though I continued to forget kid's names ALL YEAR I got over being embarrassed about it. That is always a good thing.

5) Because I had planned so far ahead before the Phoenix trip these last two weeks have been a breeze...and I have been able to just sit & relax/ interact with my students on a more personal level. They really just crack me up. I think I have broken down and laughed until I nearly cried at least 4 times in the last 2 weeks. They say & do the funniest things & they know it. We have had fun together and I am really proud of that.

That's it. Now it's the typical clean up which I'm not going to sweat this year. I'm trying not to get too worked up about finishing my grades because truthfully there is nothing to get worked up over.

I am a little nervous about being home with Dan this summer. It's been two summers now that he hasn't been working. That first summer didn't go so well for various reasons. Last summer I taught ss so there wasn't so much unstructured time together. This summer , then, we will be the real deal so we will have to ease into who does what & when. You know, splitting up the "chores" and all. I'm hoping that I can just do what I used to do ( which is pretty much everything ) and give Dan a break to fish & what not. I guess we'll just have to work on it.

end of rambling...

F

1 comment:

Kat said...

Glad your year went well and that you have had some fun here at the end.

Photobucket

Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.

About Me

My photo
I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.