I am going to Apollo tomorrow to meet up with Heather Johnson whom I taught with at South a number of years back in order to go over the curriculum I will be teaching. She has been at Apollo for quite a few years now.
I am having feelings about the move. So. How should I handle these feelings? Currently I would describe them and not in any particular order as:
* scorn ( ok. scorn is at the top..... dumb fucks)
* uneasy
* determined
* scared shitless
* cautiously excited
* in awe
* relaxed
* resigned
* relieved
* skeptically confident
* hopeful
That's it. Those of you who have experienced a career move... which of the above did you experience? How did these feelings evolve? Did your pre- move include different feelings? Which ones? How did you personally handle them?
M
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.
About Me
- Mary
- I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.

4 comments:
I got nothing! Never been moved,yet! And I'm still just as mad as you are about the whole thing. Who will be my "mama" now! Will miss you so much Mary!
Well, mine was a choice, but still a very hard one. I was scared shitless for a few months, and I missed my friends and sounding boards more than anything. It was REALLY weird working somewhere where I had really nice co-workers but no actual "friends" for a long, long time. I still am not close with very many people. But one thing that's been great about the change for me has been the chance to reevaluate my career in relation to my "real life". I love my job, but I have learned to (for the most part) leave it at work and not be so married to it and to everyone there. It's kinda nice to have that distance, both metaphorically and physically.
Seems to me, Mary, that most of the people who have been ousted or have left South voluntarily have seemed to be happier in the long run. I hope that's what happens with you :)
And I'm glad Heather will be there to help you transition. I really liked her :)
Thanks Becky. I'll miss you and so many others too! Holly, I noticed as well that those that have been moved , after an initial tough time, found their groove. Let's hope that it is the same for me!
Post a Comment