So for the last two weekends Dan & I have taken a Sunday afternoon drive. Today we drove to & through St. Nickolas, Marty, Watkins, South Haven, Fair Haven & Annandale. Comments such as " oh, the corn is just coming up or it's been a good year for the lilacs, or now if you turn right here, it will take you to Richmond" were common place.
We stopped to eat at a Mom & Pop diner in Annandale where there were three men eating in the booth behind us. Their discussion included things such as "I pulled a wood tick off my back yesterday and it still hurts. Yeah. It's been a bad year for wood ticks. Look at that traffic going East. It just gets worse every year. ".
I'm trying to forget that one of the three guys didn't know that West Virginia was a seperate state from Virginia and not just Virginia's capital.
Why childhood? When I was a kid we took Sunday drives.
I'm not quite sure how Dan & I or whether Dan & I will continue with this ritual, but for now it is at least something to blog about.
Oh. And Mom, if you read this, I will expect to hear what you and Dad talked about & whether or not you put that Sunday, rolled rump roast in the oven before or after the drive. :)
M
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(127)
-
▼
May
(12)
- Have you read the headlines on the front page of t...
- Danielle's back!!
- Returning to chidhood.
- I have officially decided I love my team.
- Odds/Ends
- Mother's of Mother's Day
- Ninety Miles!
- I'm about to leave for my first group ride.
- I had a great Friday!
- CDC warning: Don't do this....
- Jiggy Juice.... I want some.
- Sandwiched in between generations.
-
▼
May
(12)
About Me
- Mary
- I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.

1 comment:
I went for a Sunday drive with my mom today and we talked about lilacs, property values, and how pretty everything is when it's so green. Sunday drives are cool....when you've got nowhere to be.
Post a Comment