Friday, July 22, 2011

Want to Hear Maryjo?


That was the subject for the email I received this am from LDS ( Low Down Sinner) whom I sold my banjo to. Here is the body of the email:

I've been recording a trio of young women this week. They're quite talented and play a plethora of instruments, violin, mandolin, guitar, and some banjo. They brought a pretty raggedy old banjo that honestly sounded like crap, so I pulled out MaryJo. They were nearly as delighted by her as I've been.

Anyway, I've just finished up the first rough mix (thus the RM1 in the title) of one of the songs they played her on, I thought of you when they started admiring it. I thought it was only fitting that you be the first person outside of the studio to hear the track. It's going to be on their upcoming album I'm engineering and producing for them. Please keep this close to the vest until after the release (probably sometime in September).

I'll send you links to the other tracks as they become presentable, if you'd like.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Here is the link


Granted, the quality of the recorded song isn't that great, the banjo actually isn't tuned perfectly, and the voices aren't perfectly in tune as well..... but I LOVE the lyrics! AND I am sooooooo very excited that my banjo ( he named it Maryjo) is being appreciated.

Flash!

No comments:

Photobucket

Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.

About Me

My photo
I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.