Today Dan & I set the alarm clock and got up to go fishing. We left home at about 7:30 am after a cup of coffee and a piece of peanut butter toast and half of a banana that I prepared and put on matching plates. We caught 24 fish that were "3-4 to a pound" in size. We fished on Pearl Lake, the lake that we lived on for 6 years. We fish on lots of lakes but Pearl Lake, to me, really does have a special place in my heart. I don't necessarily prefer to fish on Pear but I notice that when we are ON pearl it seems particularly relaxing.
We landed the boat at about 9:30 and were home by about 10:00 am. Dan washed off the fish & I made each of us a cup of coffee which we enjoyed together side by side in our matching chairs.
Dan cleaned the fish in the garage and listened to WCCO AM 8.30 radio and after I took a few pictures of our catch and then a shower I turned on the radio ( FM 103.7) and emptied the dishwasher, washed the counters and some beach toys with sand in them from when Jamie & the kids were up, and added a few items to the grocery list including bleach for the whites. I know... so quaint. I had a LITTLE time to go on the computer, just enough to see that Minnesota has made national news with the shutdown and then Dan came in the house. Thank God because I am getting a little overly obsessed with politics lately.
By this time it was nearly noon and so Dan made himself a sandwich and I ate my half sandwich from yesterday. Again, we did this side by side in our chairs. Dan watched the weather channel & commented that it was supposed to get really hot starting tomorrow. So I suggested that maybe we take our walk in the middle of the day even though we have been walking in the morning. He thought that was a great idea and said that he would be ready to walk after he took a shower.
We discussed where we would walk & wound up on cty rd 141.*** the following is all information relayed to me during our walk**** We walked passed the Block place where Steve Block used to live. He was a little younger than Dan's Grandpa Meyer ( Grandpa Meyer was born in 1898)and he preferred to use his team of horses to farm rather than tractors although he did have a tractor. Steve was small of stature and nervous. For example, if he came over to G & G Meyer's place to visit he would only visit for a little while & then he would get all fidgety and need to go home. That might perhaps be because he was a bachelor and also there were many folks back then that way. It was common for peple to come to visit and stand outside and when invited in for coffee would decline and say that they had to get going soon. Much of the visiting was done outside.
After the Block place we walked to the Waltzing place. Irene Waltzing lived there until about five years ago. She is probably in a nursing home now. She was a hoarder. Dan's Dad was one of the few people who ever stepped foot into her house and that was to ask for permission to deer hunt on her property. Irene always said yes and if Ben shot a deer he would give her some of it. Irene did not cook. When Ben was in the house he saw that she had newspapers piled everywhere including the stove. Irene went to town everyday at around 10:00 am and that was to go somewhere to eat. Irene has a brother, Larry, who lives close to pearl lake. Irene was a large woman and a guy that Dan worked with, Paul Gregory, always referred to her as "Queeny". There was speculation that Irene was a hermaphrodite or maybe she was a he who acted like a she or something. "Anything's possible there I guess" said Dan.
We walked for about 1.5 miles. We got home at about 2 pm. Dan has a new laptop. Actually it is an old Gateway but it is new to us. I got it for him for Father's Day. I have been teaching Dan how to use it. He wants to be able to email the kids. So after we got home from our walk we sat down at the kitchen table where his laptop is set up and I showed him how to log on to check for email and I also showed him how to compose a message. When we were done we sat in our chairs and I giggled. Giddily. And said, "this is so much fun! I feel like we are playing HOUSE!". And he left to do something outside and I decided to blog. I decided to blog this. I started to blog this and now I am done blogging.
Goodbye! :)
FlashG!!!
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(113)
-
▼
July
(13)
- Calling ANDREA!!!!!
- Lists!
- Very good short story.
- More intense than I thought.
- Want to Hear Maryjo?
- FAVORITE quote for the "years"!!!
- I snuck a ride in!!!
- I should be doing something more productive.
- I feel like I'm playing house!
- Cool Blog........
- Back is better!
- Two read books a disappointment!
- Discourageing or inspiring?
-
▼
July
(13)
About Me
- Mary
- I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.

2 comments:
I'm so glad you are enjoying your Summer. AND I am really really glad you are walking and teaching Dad how to use the computer!
You two are so cute!
Post a Comment