Thursday, August 26, 2010

I will be making Moussaka

this weekend. I found a recipe that includes the ingredients I remember that my Mom used. I found the recipe here.

I'll have to substitute onions ( freshly dug from the garden) for scallions & olive oil for extra virgin olive oil 'cause there's nothin' extra virgin about anyone around here anymore. Also, I don't know what gruyere cheese is so I have motzerella.

I will be cooking down our own tomato juice ( includes all the pulp) that Dan had already frozen for the crushed tomatoes. I shouldn't have to cook it too long. I'll have to go graze the garden for other veges to include. Everything else should be the same. Is there anything the same???? Oh yes. Eggplant & zuchini.

In conclusion I would like to say that with the exception of the garlic, my moussaka will only have home grown vegetable in it. Ta da!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Since my name is Mary Cathryn, you can assume I just threw my arms in the air & bent on one knee )

Flash :)

2 comments:

TelegaWoman said...

Gruyere is GOOD. Kind of smoky - you can find it in the deli section at most stores. It might be worth it!

Mary said...

OH!! Thanks!!!

Now THAT is some key information!!

Right on crouton!!!

Flash a rooney :)

Photobucket

Come on in & enjoy a cup of tea.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a real princess of a gal:) Want to know more about who I am? Check out my Amazon.com "I Heart You" wish list above. Feel free to feed my fetishes.